Saturday, May 21, 2011

My unsuccessful artworks

While still a college student one of my friends embarked on compilation of folktales from South and East of Bhutan. I contributed few stories from the East (which comes from those narrated to me by my mother). He wanted me to do illustrations for his stories and I did give in my heart to it. I was then learning to do illustrations that required not just imaginations but clear understanding of the story...while skills were just beginning to emerge. 

The chances of his stories getting published was bleak those days. He tried hard seeking Bhutanese publishers. Meanwhile, I kept focusing on illustrations to his compilation of stories. But our togetherness was to give way to our graduation. Thereafter, he pursued teaching and I joined administrative job that separated us wide apart. We lost contact. 

After few years my friend managed to publish his story book. It has been illustrated by one of his friends - also an artist (whose artworks I admire since college days). Today he is a writer with already few books published and I'm still an aspiring artist. I wish him good luck.

Following are some of my illustrations done for his stories:


4 comments:

  1. Your works are Amazing :). Keep up the passion ...Love to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anu for your wonderful comments, I feel encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow nice work once again. I won't call them 'unsuccessful'. I can tell which stories you tried illustrating from the two pictures. Good work and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Penstar...always for your constant encouragements.

    ReplyDelete