Friday, December 16, 2011

Long Live our Kings


Since tomorrow, the 17th December, 2011 marks a big day for us as citizens of Bhutan I could not think of anything else then to pay a tribute to our forefathers and our Kings, under whose guidance and dynamic leadership we have continued to enjoy peace and prosperity. A short poem (I don't know if it would qualify) below is therefore my way of joining rest of my fellowmen to mark this day.


Long Live our Kings

Behold there!
The flutters of saffron
In the turquoise sky, that adorn.
Installed by our forefathers –
To withstand all weathers
An icon of unity –
Rendering continued peace and prosperity.
Since five score and four years ago,
When Dharmic torch was handed down,
Our able and dynamic Monarchs firmly held it so;
With glory and renown,
The light of unprecedented peace and harmony ever glow;
Long live our Kings, under whose feet I pledge to remain
A humble subject, and with loyalty and dedication I bow.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment