Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Paying tribute to His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo in my own small way

I feel sorry if I had not been able to catch up with some of my friends, colleagues and well wishers in my recent past. I was little bit caught up with my small dream - a dream that's taken shape now. Over a year ago, I came across a man named Ugyen Tenzin who proposed to me on this dream project. Oh I know him right from the college days. He's Kota. Our juniors would call him Ata Kota. He came up with this brilliant idea of paying tribute to our Beloved Fourth Druk Gyalpo on His 60th Birth Anniversary in the form of a Book. I too had similar thought at the back of my mind that I should do something with my artistic skills but individually its just too hard to bring things to shape. Our ideas and skills matched - he can write and I can draw/paint. So we embarked on it. He came up with brilliant write-ups covering about 14 themes and I contributed about 20 different arts comprising of few large canvases and pencil sketches. All these combined has given birth to a book titled "Bhutan's Beloved Beacon: The World's Enigma" a small tribute to our Fourth Druk Gyalpo Jigme Singye Wangchuck on His 60th Birth Anniversary.
 For now printing orders have been placed and its launch is tentatively scheduled to take place on 1st November, 2015 at the NRDCL Hall, Thimphu with a day long exhibition of my arts. For any updates on our book kindly follow our facebook page @  https://www.facebook.com/Tribute2K4?ref=hl
Till then have a good day and hope you will enjoy taking hold of our book.
Thank you :D

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Au Kinzang for finally making one of your greatest dreams came true! I'm very happy and proud of you la! Keep achieving la! Take care and best regards, Rima :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sincerest best wishes to you for achieving your dreams.
    I always believe that dreams can be made into reality and you have done it. Bravo!
    Please find time to update your interesting blog always as I am following you from Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your best wishes and for following my blog

      Delete
  3. Congratulations once again! Drawings are really good, I saw them being printed at Kuensel. Tashi Delek - a fitting tribute to the Great Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS
    and your arts are excellent

    ReplyDelete